This is such a fun and creative way to make a St.Patrick’s Day treat using a familiar ingredient such as Lucky Charms! Thanks to Jewel of A Book for mustering up this neat treat I love the idea of this and I know my kids will gobble them up ASAP.
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
25 large marshmallows or 2 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
5 cups Lucky Charms cereal
1. Grease a 9x9x2 inch pan.
2. Melt butter and marshmallows until smooth, either over medium heat or in the microwave.
3. Stir in Lucky Charms cereal until well coated. Press into pan with buttered hands.
4. Let cool until firm enough to cut, yet still pliable.
5. Cut into 8 equal bars.
6. Push a popsicle stick up into the bottom of each bar (about halfway), then press down slightly with your hands to mold the treat around the stick.
7. Place bars on wax paper and let cool completely.
-Dip one end of each Lucky Charm Treat Bar into melted vanilla Candi-Quik that has been tinted with green food coloring, then coat with multi-colored sprinkles.
-Add green food coloring to the marshmallow/butter mixture before adding the cereal.