Tips and Review of Flase/Fake Eyelashes extensions. Featuring a popular brand named Ardell found at any drugstore or Sally Beauty.False eyelash extensions should be a fun way to dress up your look. There are many styles and options to create an unique look.
What are they? False eyelashes are extensions that add length and dimension to eyes and existing natural eyelashes. Applied to eyelid with adhesive where lashes meet the eyelid.
Permanent: are applied at a liscensed facility specilized in the application and products. A higher quality and strong glue is used which helps stay on the the eye longer, even through washes. Also are more natural looking and can be worn alone or under makeup. Permanent individual lashes usually last two to three months, with touch-up fills needed every two or three weeks. This method is more expensive and is not recommended for at home application.
Non Permanent/Temporary: this is a temporary process where glue is used to apply to natural existing lashes.
Full Strip also known as Band: these lashes can add density to your entire lash line. These are usually easier to work with and take lesser time to apply.
Individual: these are used to fill the sparse areas of your lash line such as the inner and outer corner. Filling-in these sparse areas can create an impression of full, wide eyes, and open up your eyes for a more dramatic effect. They are more difficult to apply, and take a precise hand.
Top&Bottom: specially made for the top and the bottom
How to Apply:
- Do eye makeup as desired. Including mascara and eyeliner.
- Next, with clean hands, place a bit of eyelash glue onto the back of your hand.You will then pull the full eyelash through the glue so that it is slightly covered in it. Give it about ten seconds to set and become tacky. Try not to only drag the base of the lashes through the glue, not the lashes itself.
- Next, hold the individual false eyelash in your fingers and place it as close as possible in line with your eyelash line. To secure it in place, push down on the lash at the outside of your eye. You will want to place them first by the center and corner of your eye then work to the middle. Using tweezers might be helpful in getting close to the corners.
- Allow to dry at least 30 seconds then apply more eyeliner to disguise where lashes were attached.
How to Remove:
- Never remove it by tugging, this may cause some of the natural lashes to come off as well.Soak a cotton swab or round in eyemakeup remover or eyelash glue remover. Gently hold the swab where lashes are attached to the skin for a few seconds to soften adhesive glue.After making sure that it has fully softened, take one corner of the lash band and gently pull off the eye lashes. For individual fake eye lashes, it is best to use tweezers for more precision when pulling.
- Remove all possible traces of eyelash glue by dabbing some more eyelash remover. Finally, cleanse your eyes with addional makeup removie specified for the eyes.
Tips for Cleaning and Storing :
False Eyelashes CAN be re-used if mainained and cleaned properly. After removing them carefully, soak them in a tiny amount of warm, soapy water to remove the glue, dust particles, as well as false eyelash mascara that you possibly applied. Use tweezers to pull off glue particles. You can also soak them in your eyelash remover solution instead of soapy water. Dry, thene them back in their original container.
Popular False Eyelash Brands:
Personal Favorites False Lash Styles and Products:
Duo Lash Adhesive: waterproof false-lash adhesive (Sephora)
e.l.f. natural lash
e.l.f. dramatic lash
Red Cherry Style #15
Red Cherry Style #102
Red Cherry Style #W001