Ever wonder what to do with your left over Easter eggs after the hustle and bustle of Easter is over? Well this year no need to worry, Mom’s Buzz has a great idea to turn leftover shells into mini candles! Great for decorations or a hostess gift.
- Egg shells as many as you would like
- Egg cups to use as the base
- Food coloring
- Egg carton
- Warm and hot wax or tealight candles
- Make a hole in the top of each egg with a pin; enlarge the holes, and pour out the yolks;
- Clean shells;
- Then dye them with food coloring (follow package directions).
- Nestle shells in a carton.
- Cut wire-core wicks to 4 inches long, flatten one end, and fasten in shell with a bit of warm wax.
- Using a funnel, fill shells with hot wax (tinted with dye pellets). Let the wax cool. Trim the wicks, and light.
An alternative is to use tealight candles instead of using pure wax. You would need to make the egg holes large enough so that you can insert the tealight candles.